Saturday, May 24, 2014

Whole Foods April 2nd, 2014

I am extremely bored of my 7 foods. Every time I think that, I try to remember there are a LOT of people in the world who would be happy to have a full belly. So I'm trying to start there. But it's taking some effort. I guess if it only took 3 days to get the concept the book would be a lot shorter. Mike and I did go to the Mecca of healthy foods tonight though. Whole Foods (or whole paycheck, as my friends lovingly refer to it). I got some sweet potato chips, some preservative free turkey lunch meat (regular lunch meat is a migraine no no for me), and about 50 types of  "bread." Okay, it was more like 5, but still, I am pretty stoked. I now can choose from whole wheat: English muffins, honey bread, bread, bagels, pitas, tortillas, and naan. So that's a lot of carbs, but they make me smile. Also picked up some marmalade (shudder!) made entirely of oranges. I am going to try to put my prejudices aside and try it again with an open mind. Maybe it'll be better this time around.

We also hit the regular grocery for pesticide full ;) oranges, halos, and lots of nuts and cheese. You can probably guess which one is on my list and which one is on Mike's. I plan to try to make some peanut butter in the food processor tomorrow using, well, peanuts. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment