Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's a long way to fall April 5th draft

I love Saturdays! There's something about the start of a weekend that holds so much potential, and the idea of spending it with the people that matter most.

Saturday I was the first one up (don't faint) and I headed out to an 8am workout class with my friend Sarah. It was a great class with a positive vibe. The Saturday class is free and it draws quite a crowd. I rushed home from there to go with Mike and the girls to Clara's last dance class of the season. The last week is always "watch week" and we get to watch adorable 4 & 5 year olds "dance" for 45 minutes. It's one of those moments where you love being a parent. Where you just can't believe you created someone so perfect and amazing, someone so cute, who can bring you to tears with their little leaps and plies.

After dance Clara was thirsty and she got a drink in a Dixie cup from a water cooler tucked into a corner. Another little girl tried to get back there to get a drink, and all I could think of was Clara spilling her water and getting upset. Mom to the rescue, I reached over to grab Clara's cup and instead my foot caught sideways on the carpet and I fell, hard. 600+ miles of running in the past year, countless aerobics classes, and a propensity for clumsiness, and I had never fallen. Yet here I am trying to get my kid's cup and down I go, surrounded by a group of strangers. I got a big scrape and what feels like will be a nice bruise tomorrow, we'll see. I guess if I had to fall, that was possibly the best place to do it. When we got home Dr. Olivia & Nurse Clara fixed me right up. Clara told me she was going to make me feel better, because "that's what nurses do mom." Yes little one, you are so right.

Later in the afternoon we went to Toys R Us to look at bikes and let Clara pick out something with her birthday funds. After check out, Olivia sat in this little car, and then Clara did. I love this photo because Olivia is mad that she didn't get her picture made in it and Clara did. And Clara is a like, "ha, ha, hahaha.....on the inside." Reminded me of my childhood.


After the kids were in bed, friends came over for game night. And guess what? They brought 7 approved foods. Seriously. Seriously. I wanted to cry. My friends are so thoughtful and kind. I am really blessed to count them as friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment