Saturday, May 24, 2014

Martners??? April 6th, 2014

It is a good day to be in Indiana! The sun is shining, the snow is melted, and it got up to about 55 today. For us, that is spring break :)

We started the morning with a birthday party. I swear these things go in cycles. First, everyone was at the skating rink. Now, we've had a lot at the gymnastics place. I'm not complaining, because the kids love  these things. Just think it's an interesting pattern. Maybe I'll look into it when I have a year ;)



After the party we rushed over to church for the partner lunch. Partner is what Clay calls it's members. They discussed over the lunch how this is so confusing to people, but calling us partners means we're involved in the life and the mission of the church, versus a member who is just someone who shows up. Pastor Kim said she would just call us martners. Sounds good to me. The real takeaway is that I think we found our new spiritual home. It may have taken a few years, and over a year of attending Clay, but it was worth the wait.

This afternoon Olivia, Clara and I started couch to 5K. Olivia really wanted to do it, and it's finally warm enough that we can be outside without 5 layers of clothing. We got about 7 minutes in (the first 5 minutes are a walking warm up, just for a frame of reference) and then BOTH Clara and Olivia fell down. If you wonder whose genes they have, see yesterday's post for reference. Clara got a bad road rash on her arm, and she wouldn't let me touch it, until I reminded her that I'm a nurse, and nurses make people feel better.

Olivia had a teeny, tiny, scrape on her leg, but I think she felt left out as she cried louder than her sister. One princess bandaid later and we were good to go.

Tomorrow starts our week of spring break fun. We're hitting the library (obviously!!!) and having our very own dance party. Let the good times roll :)

ps-guess who lost another tooth? Hint, she's in the first picture above ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment