Friday, May 30, 2014

Book Basket April 25, 2014

It's completely normal to read 5 books at a time, right? Ever since I was little and my sister helped me memorize a Winnie the Pooh book, I have been enamored with reading. I inhale books like they are my air. I ingest books to feed my soul. I read books in the car, in bed, while I'm watching tv. As I grew up, I escaped into books. 

Once I started college, my time for reading fun books dropped to nil. After college I had Olivia, and then Clara, and let's be honest, if you try to read a book after you finally get your adorable infant/toddler into bed you will likely fall asleep yourself. My library consisted of "That's Not My Fairy," & "Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too?"

But in the past year or so I've regained some time for reading. My oldest daughter loves to read, (duh, she's my kid!) and I would bring her to the library to check out books. Living in the Midwest doesn't have a lot of perks, but one thing they do have is an awesome library. Our library is small, but the system is HUGE, and you can request books from any of the branches. When you walk in, there they sit on the shelf with your name on them. You just grab them and go. Those of you with children understand what a God send this is, and if you don't have kids borrow one and try to browse in the adult section of the library. Yep, not so much. 

Now that I'm reading again, I can't put anything down. I also participate in studies and a book club, which means I'm often reading 4, 5, or 6 books at a time. I literally have to set an alarm on my phone to go to bed, because I get so engrossed in my book that I lose track of time. Here's a picture of my book basket. Lots of great books from friends, and some of my current reads. Honestly, I need a bigger basket!




No comments:

Post a Comment