Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Momma's little helpers April 18th, 2014

Today was good Friday, so Olivia was off school. Days like this go one of two ways. Either my kids fight like cats and dogs and I send them to their respective rooms by 3pm to read books until Mike gets home, or they are joys to be around and we have a great day. There is literally no middle ground.
I found that the girls do better with a visible schedule so I write one on a white board and we stick to it more or less. If Clara asks me if she can watch a show, I point to the board and say show watching time is 5:00pm, and that settles it. Without the board I get asked 100 times, and sometimes mom caves. So I guess the written schedule helps us all.
It was a beautiful morning, and the girls came in early to snuggle. While I love to sleep, I also secretly love snuggling, so I woke up with a smile. We had our street's annual egg hunt this morning. I really live on the best street!
After the hunt, we started cooking for Easter. Easter is a day off from 7, which Mike and I are still doing, so I'm looking forward to it with a kind of manic addict glee. The girls and I made banana bread, pumpkin pie, and boiled our eggs to decorate tomorrow. We also made a turkey soup that we turned into more of a gravyish consistency with some cornstarch. Because my kids won't eat turkey soup but thickened turkey soup is great? I don't always understand my little people.



We also got to start "Where the Red Fern Grows." It's one of my all time favorite books and I cry every time I read it. I hope the girls love it! The girls finished the evening by making crowns with sticky jewels. Pretty much doesn't get better than this! Hoping tomorrow goes as well since we have an egg hunt, some shopping to do, a cake to make, eggs to dye, and rolls to cook. Should be a busy and fun day (fingers crossed!).

No comments:

Post a Comment