Tuesday, May 6, 2014

March 19th~Sick Day, take 2!

I woke up feeling a ton better today, thanks to the help of pharmaceuticals and a lot of sleep. I jumped (okay, let's be real people, I kinda groaned while forcing my body out from the warm covers) out of bed ready to be productive! Those are my kind of mornings.

I headed downstairs where I find a very distraught Olivia. She tells me she doesn't feel good, and she wants to stay home from school. Daddy had already checked, no fever, but I knew how miserable I was yesterday and I didn't have a fever.

So I pulled out my sickness lie detector. "Olivia, you have Awana tonight. If you stay home sick you'll have to miss it." At this point the child either a. is caught in their desire for extracurriculars sucks it up, and heads to school or b. breaks down in tears. Any guess as to the one I got? So it was back to bed for Olivia. Poor thing, she slept most of the day, and she did end up with a fever. Hoping tomorrow is better for her, looks like I'll have a buddy around the house.

Luckily, Clara was not sick, so she went to Awana. Tonight was wacky night. Here's Clara's wacky outfit. Even in this she didn't win most wacky. I wasn't there so I don't know what happened, but there must have been some STIFF competition!


No comments:

Post a Comment