Saturday, May 31, 2014

Perfect as a Picture April 26th, 2014

Today was a beautiful day. I got to feel like Oprah driving around and giving payments out to all my resale clients ;) The sun was shining, the sky was blue, and the air still had that little chill to it that makes you snuggle into your sweater when you're outside.
The family made a trip to the hardware store, where I took the girls to inspect potties and Mike did useful things like buy man things. I don't 100% know what those are, but they are both very important and very boring. I'm very glad I was born a woman and have 2 daughters, as I never have to worry about being stuck looking at boring man things. I did however have to tell my daughters to keep their voices down as they pretended to try out the potties and yelled to each other, "look at me, this fits my butt perfectly!" I bet you can't guess which of my kiddos said that little gem?

Here they are trying out the showers :)


When we got home I decided to tackle the project of organizing our photos. I am excellent at getting photos taken, but not so great about printing them, sending them to family, or putting them in albums. I brought a ton of photos home from our trip to Arizona and it was my intent to make copies of them and send the photos back. I got an amazing deal on a photo conversion service so last night I corralled Mike, and we sat down and picked out the 350 photos to send.
Once the photos were out, I knew my OCD'ness wouldn't let me put them away without finally getting them in the proper order. It took a long time, but I am so glad I did! I've been working on organizing our photos on the computer and the next step is to make albums. Now I know what I have, and won't make duplicate copies.
Another thing that was great about going through the photos was walking down memory lane. We have photos from my childhood that have been in a bin in the basement for 13 years. We have pictures of Olivia I don't remember having taken. We have them all, the good, bad, and downright hilarious. Now I remember why we make albums!

No comments:

Post a Comment