Saturday, May 24, 2014

Spring Break Cont. April 8th, 2014

Day two of spring break. It actually feels like spring! I know 55 isn't spring break weather for most people, but for us it is perfection. Speaking of perfection....


Love this girl!! She is growing up too fast. One second she's cuddling in my arms asking for "her lullabies" and the next she's rolling her eyes and challenging every...single...word...I...say. She's growing and changing, and while this isn't sleepless nights or terrible twos, I have come to the realization that every stage of life with your child is something to be both celebrated and feared. I never know what will come out of my children each day. Sometimes I am humbled by their kindness, generosity, and complete realness. Other times I am confronted by their attitudes, sarcasm, uncooperativeness, and dare I say, complete realness.
Olivia and I finished day 1 of C25K today. It was, well, interesting. Olivia got her parent's genes, so she's not exactly sporty. Getting her to run was okay, but the walk intervals were painful. She's got long legs, how about we use them to go a little faster than flowers grow. Celebrating successes, however, we made it over a mile and a half, and for our first day I'd say that's just fine. Looking forward to crossing the finish line with my new running buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment