Thursday, January 9, 2014

365 Day 8

Hello out there from snowy, and freezy, northern Indiana. GREAT NEWS. No, this really is great. I can see how you would have been confused with my all caps sarcasm yesterday. Clara's preschool was open!!! I got a whole 6 hours with my kids not trying to kill each other. Score!
I took Olivia to a doctor's appointment, and after the appointment, we went to run errands. Well, we tried. We pull into Sam's to find it doesn't open until 10. And the library? 10 as well. I never had my act together early enough in the morning to find these things out. Guess one bene to a snow day and an 8am doctor's appointment.


So we went home hung out, then wash, rinse and repeat. Uneventful trip to Sams where I purchased some maple syrup in bulk. Then to our favorite place lately, the library. The doors opened on a library full of moms and kids, the moms with a slightly dazed expression in their eyes and the kids flitting from one book to the next. I sat in the corner and let Olivia search, then I picked a few books for Clara. Honestly, I could have sat with those other moms for hours just sitting in the sunlight and watching my kid blow off some energy, but Olivia's too efficient (wonder where that comes from?) We went home and read the books, then Olivia played in the snow while I ran up and down the cul de sac. It felt good to be outside, and after last week's temps 15 degrees felt positively balmy. Running in snow was as it always is, sometimes great, sometimes like running through sand. In other words, ouchy. But depending on how compact the snow was it almost felt like a road at times.

Olivia constructed this snow fort, gave up on snowmen when the snow wouldn't stick together, you can see the snowman's nose in this photo. Otherwise, nothing exciting to report. Let's see if both my kids have school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment