Saturday, January 18, 2014

365 Day 18

I started running last year, most of you know why but if not refer to my earlier blog posts. This year I decided with friends to run 14 races in 2014. The first race was today, an “easy” 5k, called the Frigid 5K. Living up to its name, I was frozen in the 20 minutes we waited outside for the run to begin.  But once the race began I forgot all that. I am super competitive by nature, so I love races, but between the half training and the running in snow, I felt like my time could have been better. BUT, one race down, 13 to go. I got out there and ran in a run that most people wouldn't have attended, so that’s a check in the win column. I ran with two of my beautiful friends. Here they are crossing the finish line.





After the run we had pictures for the church directory. You know the ones, which end up looking like a school portrait? We just had amazing photos done in November, we definitely didn’t need to buy any more, yet somehow we walked out with $100 worth of photos. I guess we need to decide good cop/bad cop strategies before we walk in next time. Here’s the girls prephoto shoot. Clara is very into being “Ana” from Frozen right now, so we had to do braids. Yes, I realize the skill level here is low, but it’s taken me almost 8 years to even be able to do a braid, so don’t judge.



Olivia picked up her new glasses today :)


No comments:

Post a Comment