Monday, January 6, 2014

365 Day 6

Snow days...
I never had them growing up, but even as an adult they're a little exciting for me. I know they may cancel my carefully laid schedule, but the fun more than makes up for it. But do you know when I DON'T like snowdays? How about when my kid has been out of school for 2 weeks already, and she's pretty much done with being home and is looking forward to school. Add to that the -40 windchill today, which means absolutely no playing outside, and you have a recipes for grumpy, bored kids (and moms).

I knew I had to go into today with a plan. A carefully laid schedule that would allow the girls some freedom but also would encourage them to play together and have some general family fun. In the morning, we did chores, which ironically enough my kids are still young enough to think of as fun. Then we made snow ice cream. I know, I know, there's probably lead and squirrel poo and every other bad thing you can think of in the snow, but one day is not going to kill anyone. It's not like I gave them each a gallon of snow ice cream. I tried to get them to smile for photos but it's not happening. They were into that ice cream. 





And you can see princess Sofia joined us today. Too bad she refuses to comb her hair. And the yellow bits aren't dog pee. Even growing up in the desert I know to avoid yellow snow. It's caramel sauce.




Later in the day we made our own chocolate spoons, and decorated them. Yes, I am plying my kids with food in an effort to get through one more day on a positive note. At least I got them to agree to postponing homemade popcorn with m&ms until tomorrow. Oh yes, in case I didn't mention, snow day tomorrow too. Lord, grant me patience!

No comments:

Post a Comment