Saturday, January 18, 2014

365 Day 15

You might notice this is a little mixed up day wise, but you might also be kind enough to ignore it and pretend I published day 15 before day 16 ;)

Wednesdays are always crazy days in our house. Wednesday night is Awana night, so the girls stay up past their bedtime and always come home a little wound up. Once a month we have Girl Scouts before Awana. Today was one of those days. As soon as O got off the bus, she jumped into my running car and we drove to Girl Scouts. Dropped her off and picked Clara up from preschool. Went back to pick up Olivia and another friend whose mom wasn't feeling well. I think I earned some cool mom points as I cranked up What Does the Fox Say AND Roar all in one 10 minute car ride. The girls belted them out. Good thing it was only 10 minutes, because they would have all seen that's the end of my "cool" repertoire when the next song that came up was the I Love You song from Barney. Okay, shudder, not really, but you get the point.

I fed the girls and did some last minute quizzing on verses, when I realized that I had taught Clara the WRONG STINKIN VERSE. Uggh! Do you know how long it takes to get a 3 year old to memorize a Bible verse? I'll give you a hint, the 10 minutes we had before Awana started were definitely not enough. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Mike and I took advantage of the hour long Awana meeting to walk through the mall. Went to Banana Republic and realized, yes, they do want $500 for a sport coat. Walked out of Banana Republic trying desperately not to snag or break anything on the way out. 

We picked up the kids and they were hyped up as always. I really think they feed the kids pixie sticks and "go go juice" (for those of you that have never had the privileged of watching toddlers and tiaras, that's mountain dew). By the time we got them calmed down and into their beds, I was ready for bed. 8:30 is not a shameful bedtime when you have kids. It's not!

No comments:

Post a Comment