Wednesday, January 29, 2014

365 Day 28

I feel like I'm in the movie ground hog day. Except a really bad version where it's snowy and cold and I can't go anywhere. And I have two small people to entertain all....day....long....Seriously people, it's hard being a good mom, and being Mary freaking Poppins this many days in a row is wearing on me. I escaped (I admit it!) and wrote some eBay auctions while Mike entertained our girls. Or got them dressed, which is what we pass off as fun these days. "Ooooooo, who wants to go get dressed? Who's gonna get dressed first? Who can chose the wackiest outfit?" Don't judge until you walk a mile in my snow boots.

We did actually do some wholesome, fun things today, in between watching the pirated link to Frozen five more times. The girls "helped" me make ham and beans and a clean cornbread recipe. I had budgeted 39 minutes for this task but factoring in all the potty breaks and cleaning up spilled ingredients it actually took an hour and half. Those of you without kids are laughing. Those with kids are shaking their heads sadly and giving me a knowing look.

We blew bubbles outside, since we skipped that little trick last week, or was it the week before? Guess what!? They froze. I know you did NOT see that one coming. 




The girls and I had organized the crafting supplies on Monday, so we played with a bunch of crafty things. Then we did some "school work," just booklets and math games. Didn't I say we were getting desperate?

We ate the food we made that morning for dinner. Note, clean cornbread is, how do I say this nicely, gross! But I'm sure once we get used to the flavor we won't mind as much. Right? Oh please say right!! The ham and beans was a-mazing. Loved it. Of course Clara ate nothing and ended up having Greek yogurt for dinner. In the words of my favorite three year old. Healthy! Protein! Said with a thumbs up and smile for each one.

At the end of the day I took a photo of the snow. Because that's what we do. Also, the sidewalk actually stayed clear for a day and the snow levels seem to be down, so that's something to celebrate in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment