Sunday, January 26, 2014

365 Day 23

Day started out great! I got Olivia ready and sent her out to wait for the bus. She came inside a few minutes later, the neighbor told her there was a 2 hour delay. Oops! Not to be deterred I got her involved in helping me through my morning cleaning routine (mostly running around slightly dazed and attempting to remove some of the mountains of clutter I live with on a daily basis). 

She finally got on the bus and I got busy. Very productive work day, but very boring. In the evening I went to meet some friends at the gym for a little running. Let me say, NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION people. I am actually impressed so many people are still sticking to it 22 days into the year. The gym was packed, not a treadmill to be found. Luckily the after work wave was dispersing and my friends and I found treadmills together. As we ran we talked about the weather, a subject that is so depressing I avoid it at all costs this time of year. Apparently we were in for a snow storm, but I had no idea. I figured I'd run and get home before it got too bad. Yep, great plan. Except when I went outside I was met with about 3 inches of snow on the hood of my Jeep. This was not some massive over winter accumulation. I am blessed with a insulated garage (this is my prize for living with an uninsulated, detached garage for so many years!) and my Jeep always drives out of it snow free. No, this was massive snowmageddon 2 snow. Here's a picture out my front window after I had already removed a lot of the snow. 


I drove home slowly, so, so slowly. But I got there safe. I walked in the door to see Mike on the phone. You guessed it, school is canceled tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment