Monday, February 17, 2014

365 Day 46

 
See this little cow (or I guess OX) can? Clara made it at Sunday school. The kids at Clay Church are trying to raise money to provide an ox, as well as some other necessary items, to newly graduated pastors in Africa.
The past two weeks we've started the chore system. Each kid has chores they do daily, plus they have optional ones they can do to earn a quarter. I'm no Daddy Warbucks here.
The first Saturday, I gave the girls their hard earned quarters, and told them they needed to save some, give some, and the rest they could do with as they pleased. Without a pause, Clara walks down and grabs her ox can, and puts all her quarters inside.
Thinking she might be confused on the concept, I explained if she put her money in the can, she couldn't get it back, and she would be giving it all to the church ministry. She assured me that's what she meant to do.
Then yesterday, I hand out the money, and again, all of hers goes in her can. What this little ones faith in God and the goodness of giving did to my heart. To see a three year old, usually a self centered age not give some or half, but all to this ministry. I had one of those mom moments when you choke up and you just know that this one is a God thing. No matter how much we "teach" our kids, the holy spirit has to move inside them. Clara heard that call and answered it. I know she didn't put any in her savings, but I think this lesson overrides it today. How blessed am I to have this little one in my care and protection?


And on a lighter note, lefse!! (and a princess) When we go on the Maelstrom ride at Disney I always play up to my girls that we are Norwegian, and Norwegians are know for their sense of adventure and courage. When we go by Germany, I talk about our strong German background. Watching the Olympic games, Olivia has decided to root for the USA, Germany, and Norway. So we had a little lefse to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment