Sunday, August 3, 2014

Month of Mike June 1st, 2014

This is the month of Michael. Just in case you didn't have it on your calendar. Go ahead and write it in, I'll wait ;) Of course Mike would never declare his own month, which is why he pretty much deserves it. It's his birthday AND Father's Day both this month. Last year Father's Day was on his birthday (true story). It should have been an extra special Mike day (sleeping in, donuts, total remote control domination). Instead I was in North Dakota with my family and he was here with two princesses. Basically you can see I have a lot of making up to do.

The month of Mike started on a Sunday, so we all went to church. There's a big ol' celebration going on at Clay Church for the next month or so, and we don't want to miss it (maybe they heard about Mike?). It was extra special today because friends joined us for the first time. These are special friends who we have loved for years, and it was pretty awesome to be in worship together again. If you're reading this and thinking you'd like to come worship at the party, or maybe you're just feeling that tug of the spirit, curiosity, whatever, please, please join us. Clay has 2 services but we long ago gave up being ready for anything on a weekend that starts before 10. The second service is 10:45 and it's contemporary. So if you like traditional worship best get your buns out of bed and hit the 9:30 service instead.


After church I worked on a representation of the Frozen cake I'm making for a friend next weekend. There is no picture included because it was so far from RIGHT that it was veering into wrong. Buuuttt....I wanted to try some things and I didn't have time to do everything 100%, so it was a rough draft. I brought the cake to small group to find out what the birthday girl thought, changes to make, etc. I think we are definitely on the right path. After small group I forced a half a cake on every family. I love cake and it loves me back. So much so that it will hang out on my body for a long time after I eat it.

Incidentally, we wrapped up month 2 of 7 and started month 3. Month 3 is possessions. I'll tell you more about month 2's lessons and what month 3 entails sometime soon. For now, I'm off to iron some of Mike's shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment