Monday, June 23, 2014

The Feeding Trough May 21st, 2014

I remember as a child my grandparents taking us out for special occasions at King's Table. It was a buffet restaurant and it had, wait for it...an ice cream machine!!! I know, stop being jealous already. I always equated buffets with special occasions. 

Years later I married Mike. Mike abhors buffets. First of all, he doesn't eat enough to make them worth the cost. See, the real premise of the buffet is that you go and stuff yourself. Then you don't need to eat again for a few days, or something like that. Over the more than 10 years we've been married, my tastes have been somewhat, well, refined, and honestly I don't enjoy buffets all that much anymore either. Except maybe Pizza Hut's buffet. Yuuuummmm....pizza....

So when Mike travels out of town, I let the girls pick a restaurant to eat out at. I refuse to cook, and we have fun "girl's nights" out. I am living to regret this decision. Usually the girls can be counted on to chose La Esperanza at least one night. The other night is a gauntlet of McDonals, Chick Fil A, Chipotle, or CiCi's Pizza. It's like spinning the big wheel of food and praying it lands on something that takes more than 45 seconds to deliver to your tray.

The girls had been talking about their choices, and they had decided on La Esperanza and Cici's. Whatev, it was an okay grouping. Olivia and I went to pick up Clara from school and we let her decide on the venue for dinner. I was secretly hoping La Esperanza would be first because I basically love it there, and wish I could eat their food every night. 

Then, it happened. Tragedy struck! Some evil child in Clara's class told her about Golden Corral and their chocolate fountain. It was all she could talk about. It was all she could think about. We had to have it. So to Golden Corral we went. Yay *insert sarcasm here* The food there is just, well, awful. I know some people love it, but to pay $24 for the three of us to eat what amounts to cafeteria food is just outrageous. At least Cici's is cheap.

I got yelled at by a woman in a hair net because I wasn't sliding my tray correctly. I fed Clara noodles and dessert, because that's all she liked (kind of thinking she made a good choice there). I will say this for them though, they had not one, but two molten something fountains running, and the girls left smiling, which in the end I guess is the only win I need.


The fake happy sisters smile! We love being sisters! We love sitting next to each other! Clara will not actually eat anything on her plate!

No comments:

Post a Comment