Thursday, June 26, 2014

Just Like Mom May 22nd, 2014

I love Olivia so much, and would love her no matter what. It's especially cool that she's my little mini me. I don't know what my girls will look like when they're older, but Clara looks like me as a baby/child and Olivia looks more like me as an adult.

She has a lot of my same qualities too. Some of them she picked up because she sees me doing them every day. A lot of them, no, most of them, are good qualities. She empathetic, helpful, and energetic. She loves to read and watch cooking shows. She is always ready to share what ever she has, even if it means biting her last skittle in half.

She also got a few not so great qualities. I don't think this is the time to list my kid's shortfalls (we ALL have them), but one is her complete klutziness. She, like me, can hurt herself in the safest of situations. We could be sitting in a room full of cotton balls wearing a suit made of bubble wrap and still find a way to get injured. It's a gift. A gift I wish I could return, but a gift, nonetheless. 

Today Olivia was out riding her bike. As I mentioned she's on a big bike now with no training wheels. I watched her go around and around the cul de sac, riding great. She and Clara were thirsty so I went in the house to grab water and I swear, I wasn't in there 30 seconds before Olivia comes in, crying, both knees bleeding. It's like dejavu from the running incident. She saw something in the road and tried to avoid it, and this was the outcome. Poor child.

After we got Olivia's knees cleaned up we went to Cici's Pizza for dinner. I swear, that place smelled like hard boiled eggs and old dish water. There will be no more Cici's in our future. But as we were driving there, Clara kept saying, "I can't wait to eat at Z Z's pizza." No amount of arguing that it was CiCi's pizza would make her budge. As we drive up to the building she points and says, "SEE!!! It's Z Z's pizza. She was looking at the z's from the word pizza. Her brain remembered there were z's in the name. Sometimes, that kid amazes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment