Saturday, June 28, 2014

Delays! May 23rd, 2014

Tonight I have no dining out stories to regale you with. Mike was scheduled to return home at noon, and we had invited some friends over for a casual cookout. Well, I got the dreaded call from Mike in the morning that his flight was canceled. Again. See, it was canceled late last night due to fog, and then there were no planes at the airport to take people on their rescheduled flights. This seems like something the airports would have figured out earlier, but Mike still had to get up at the crack of dawn, drive to the airport, and THEN be told there was no flight. I would have probably lost it but Mike keeps his cool.

To keep our mind off Mike NEVER returning home, we kept busy. We were invited to a bowling party in the morning and it was so fun! Bowling shoes just look better on little feet. Plus, they put up bumpers and a ramp so the kids actually knock things over. Otherwise it'd be pretty boring. 


Clara Bowling







Even with our day occupied this still left the problem of the cookout. I can cook anything inside, but I am no grill master. In fact, I have no idea how to even use the grill since Mike likes charcoal and we don't have a gas grill. Luckily, someone stepped into the role of grill master and the evening was able to proceed. This was very, very, very good, as my friend made brownies that were TDF. Wow. Seriously, I could wax poetic about these all day. To spare you, since you didn't get a chance to eat them and never will because I'm not sharing, I'll just say they had chocolate, caramel, and nuts. Add that to Mike showing up around 10, and I'd say it was a pretty great day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment