Monday, June 23, 2014

Speeding Along May 20th, 2014

So I got this letter in the mail, from Chicago. Actually, it was two separate, very official looking letters. I was thinking, who in the world did I piss off in Chicago? So I open the letters and they are both to inform me that I was caught on their new, awesome, traffic cameras speeding. Which is redonkulous because a) I don't drive in Chicago and b) Mike always drives in Chicago, and if you've ever ridden in the car with him, you know he never speeds. Never. Unless there's a Top Gear he really wants to get home to. No kidding, not even then.

I called Mike and left the letters for him, and I went out with friends. While I was out I got a text from Mike that went something like this. "I looked it up. I was going 2 over the limit. You should look at pictures, new Jeep looks great in them!" 

We can laugh about this because Chicago is giving citizens a one month grace period to get used to the cameras. Otherwise it would have been over $100 in fines. For 2 miles over. Guess Mike needs to borrow those driver training videos from someone. Be careful in Chicago friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment