Friday, April 25, 2014

March 6th Day 65

I just realized I never actually posted this blog! So if you notice we're a little out of order, forgive me ;)

So if yesterday was cakes, today was....you guessed it! Frosting. Or maybe you didn't, either way, this girl made a boat load of frosting today. Ever since I learned how to make frosting in my cake class, I refuse to use the store bought stuff. Just tastes blech compared to homemade. But in the wilton class they have you make your frosting with lard. Lard people. Come, on. I make mine with butter because, well, it's not as nasty when you think about consuming a ridiculous amount of butter and powdered sugar. But powdered sugar and lard? (we'll call it vegetable shortening for the faint of heart) GROSS
 
I needed tons of frosting to frost all my cakes, cupcakes, etc. Here's a pic of Clara's cake for her real birthday tomorrow. She asked me last minute for a rainbow cake, and I wanted to try some of the elements for the big cake, so I added it to mine. Of course the big cake will have more details, some edging, etc, but this small cake makes me super excited for her party!


No comments:

Post a Comment