Friday, April 25, 2014

He Makes Beautiful Things March 13, 2014

Today I was driving to pick up Clara, and thinking about how winter will never end, when I looked up out the window at this:
 
 
I had to stop and take a picture. Because it was gorgeous. Because it made me stop and appreciate the beauty in something I had grown to resent. It made me realize what a gift every day on earth is.
 
Have you heard the song "Beautiful Things" by Gungor? If not, take a minute to listen here
 
 
Even if you've heard it, it's okay if you want to take a minute to listen again. I'll wait here. If you don't follow directions well, then you're wondering what the heck this song is about, but you're too stubborn to click a link just because I asked you.
 
Basically, it's a song that tells of God's grace. No matter how bad a situation may seem, no matter how bleak life may look, there is hope. Always hope. The main lyrics tell of how God makes beautiful things out of dust, and out of us. That we are constantly being made new.
 
Sometimes I need that message. Actually, most days I need that message. If I had to guess I'd say most of us do. None of us is perfect, and we are not called to be perfect. But we are called to allow ourselves to be used for God's purposes.
 
When we look for the beauty in the darkest days, that's where we will hear God's voice. That is where we will take God's hand, and he will take ours. That is when he starts to remake us, a little more in his image each time we reach out our hands.
 
I don't always understand God's plans, and sometimes I even feel angry or saddened by how life plays out. But in the end, I know He is making me new. Each trial helps to shape me, each tribulation helps me to grow, and when the day comes where I scream that I can't take it anymore, he gives me a beautiful picture, to remind me what this is all for.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment