Saturday, April 12, 2014

Cakes, Cupcakes & More! March 5, 2014

A few years back, I took a cake decorating class so that I could make my girl's cakes for birthdays and parties. My favorite part of cake decorating class was eating cake. It was definitely not my best subject ever ;) However, I have very easy to please kiddos, so I get a lot of joy out of making their birthday cakes. This year, Clara is having a circus party, so I'll be making two circus cakes, one regular and one stacked, and a bunch of cupcakes.
 
The regular cake will be for her actual birthday, the cupcakes are for childcare at Bible study, and the stacked cake is for her big birthday party.
 
Today I made all the cakes. And it took allllll day. Cake is great to make ahead. You can wrap it, freeze it, and pull it out when you're ready to frost. As long as you don't freeze it for too long, it tastes just as good as the day you made it.
 
This was what I looked at most of the day. I'm hoping the cakes turn out half as well as I planned :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment