Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Go go crazy!

I just hosted my newest house party like event, from child's play parties a Gogo's Crazybones party! Before I was selected for this party, I had never even heard of a Gogo. I received my package full of Gogos in the mail and opened one up.  The little weird looking Gogo stared back up at me, and I thought that no child in their right mind would find these things fun.


Well, then I read through the literature. A Gogo's crazybones is a little collectible figurine. They each have names and special abilities. You try to fill your collection, while trading Gogos and stickers with your friends. There are some simple but fun games to play, from a Gogo battle to one that reminds me of the game from my childhood Pig Mania. Gogos are small, so are intended for ages 4 and up, so I had to plan my party away from Clara. Of course, if you're a mom of a little one and a big kid, you know big kids like to have their own toys anyways, that their baby siblings aren't allowed to touch, so this is a bonus in our house.

After educating myself on Gogos, it was time to party! A group of happy kids descended on the Gogos. I was worried about disappointment, but I didn't need to be. The kids loved them! From my own 5 year old to 11 and 12 year old kids, everyone got into the spirit, opening their packages to see which Gogos they had received and trading them with their friends.




As a mom, I even had fun, since I took charge of O's stickers and put them in the book. Don't tell, but I actually kind of want my own Gogo's collection. And are they still weird looking? A resounding yes. But weird in a good way, since they're all unique. So now I guess we are Gogo's collectors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment