Monday, May 16, 2011

It's the end of the year as we know it....

The school year that is. Clara switched schools last week, changing from her sheltered nursery school classroom to a real preschool with, *gasp* outdoor time! She hates it, as she does any change, but I think if I give her a few weeks she'll adjust.

Since we were leaving her first class at Clay, I wanted to do something nice for her uber patient teachers, who had put up with my non-sleeping, super-clingy, over-crying daughter for 9 months. The irony is, she just settled down with them, and they were not happy to see her go!

Being the green thumb that I am, I decided on flowers.  I want to do perennials, so they would live a long time and remind her teachers about her for years to come. I chose three different plants so everyone could chose one they like, and put them in three different colored pots. I printed "Thanks for helping me grow" on nice sturdy paper and attached it to some colorful pots.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

You can see that the plants probably already need re-potting to something bigger, but they look good for now :) I think I'll reuse this idea for the MOPPETS workers this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment