Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tis the Season

..for garage sales!  It's my favorite time of the year. The only time I am able to willingly jump out of bed before 7 am with a smile on my face :)
Today kicked off the 2011 season, with the Bridlewood sales.  I love these sales, since so many families live in Bridlewood and there is tons of great kids stuff to chose from.  We got there right when they opened, and I was able to score a few great toy and clothing items.

We started out slow, stopping at a house to check out a cozy coupe for my friend Jody. I think the lady who priced that sale must have been drinking something very good though, since the cozy coupe was priced at $30! I bought mine at the Target Toy Clearance, so I'm not an impartial judge, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen one higher than $10 at a garage sale. The rest of her items were similarly outrageously priced.  Quickly jumped back into the car to check out some more rational sellers.

 At the next sale, there were lots of Build a Bear animals.  I don't normally spend money on stuffed animals, but they had a unicorn, and since O wants a unicorn bday party, I picked it up for $2.

We continued on like mad women, and I found a Bitty Baby teeter totter (another great birthday gift!), a Littlest Petshop playcenter with 11 pets and a mini pet shop set, and a littlest pet shop puzzle and pet.

When we pulled up to the next sale, there was a giant stuffed tiger outside. Of course O wants it. I told her I'd ask (I usually just tell her it's sold when I get back) and the man said it was $1.  For $1 it was worth her happiness and cooperation for the rest of shopping, so in it went.

I also picked up some Uggs and Merrill shoes at this sale, and a pair of Stride Rite sandals. I picked up some more clothes as we continued, a nice velvet Gymboree dress and a cheapie dress for O, as well as a new Gap scarf and some gloves that will fit O next year.
Also picked up a few cheap gates to block off some doorways

Ended the day at a friend's house, where we got a book and an Ariel doll with an extra change of clothes. O was scandalized that there were no underwear, but I explained that that's how garage sales roll.

All in all a very fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment