Sunday, April 3, 2011

Miss me?

Sorry for the delay between posts. For the last few weeks my amazing views have been mainly of things like this....
Olivia and Clara started out the sickness, and we've been spreading it around the family since. Of course, none of us had the same thing, until this last cold/cough/bronchitis bit. Yes, we've been doing our best to stay originals even in the face of major illness!

Anyways, got motivated to film the start of my Silk 10 day challenge. Of course this meant I had to, First-buy Silk. Second-charge video camera. Third-look decent enough by the end of the day to allow myself to be captured on film. And fourth and finally-con Mike into filming. (The last parts pretty easy, actually!). So the cosmos aligned Thursday night, and I poured myself a big ol' glass of Silk's vanilla coconut milk.  Okay, half a glass.  I love milk, love love love it, and I figured the coconut milk might take a little getting used to.

Well, it was a complete failure.  The taste isn't so bad. Not too great either, I don't want to get you started down the wrong path, like any path that leads you to the store to buy coconut milk. But the worst, absolute worst part is the viscosity.  It  doesn't feel like milk. But it's too thick to be water. I tried to choke down that half glass.  I kept telling myself it would get better.  I finally gave up when I was almost vomiting.  I figured it just wasn't worth it. And it wasn't....

But on a happier note, we are all feeling much better now. We had a whole weekend where we did things as a family, hung out with friends, cleaned. You know, all the fun stuff! Since we're back on track, you get this awesome blog post, and I get, well....this awesome blog post! One of us is surely a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment