Thursday, April 21, 2011

Taking a ladies only vay-cay is actually good for my health?


I am one of those adults who has been blessed with wonderful friends. They tee pee my house, hold my hand when I cry, and are always up for a good time!

My very best friend of all though is super special.  We have a relationship that nothing can come between. Although we have different lifestyles and don't see, or even talk to each other daily, when we come together it's like we haven't been apart for a second.  If you've been blessed with a relationship like this then you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you haven't, you're thinking, huh? ;)

Since we've gotten a little older, we've made a tradition of the girl's only summer trip.  It's our way to reconnect and spend some quality time one on one. We've traveled to the dessert in the middle of summer (bonding, it's all about the bonding!) and  celebrated the 4th of July in Chicago on Navy Pier. Last summer I had a new baby, so the annual trip was skipped. 

The talk has started about the upcoming summer and where we want to go. The decision was made, and it's Vegas baby! But, I have to admit, that in the midst of the planning, I was feeling pretty guilty. Guilt at the thought of leaving my husband with the girls overnight, for multiple nights. Guilt at taking time off from my brand new job. Guilt at leaving my still nursing baby, and wondering how I would juggle pumping while trying to have a good time.

I was reading a magazine today while Clara ate her lunch. It's one of the multiple free magazines I subscribe too, so maybe Redbook or Women's Day or something along those lines. In it was an article about women going on vacation together.  It said that vacationing with a female friend is great for your psyche, your health, and your bond with your family. Women talk to each other in a different way when they are freed from the day to day tasks that they usually complete. These vacations recharge and restore you, and make you a better mother and wife.

What great timing for that article.  And yes, if you ask me, it was definitely a God thing, where He knew I was struggling and put the tools in my way to show me, it's okay. So watch out Vegas, cause here we come! (Oh and ps, if you know some cheap and fun things to do in Vegas, please let me know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment