Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthdays and the bunny

I can't believe the weekend's over again! We had such a busy one, but it was a lot of fun.

On Saturday, I spent most of the day at the children's resale event.  It went so great, just a few small hiccups.  I love the ladies on the committee, and I wish I got to see them more than a few times during the year! On Saturday night I was exhausted (I did get up at 6am after all.  6 am and Ashley do not mix!) and I went to bed early.

I planned to sleep a little later on Sunday but Mike sent sicked Clara on me bright and early.  It was a good thing he did, as we had a lot to do Saturday. We got the girls bathed and beautiful, and when Clara woke from her nap we headed to Olivia's classmate's birthday party.

It was a perfect Sunday party.  Bounce houses, cake, snacks.  I love watching Olivia interact with her friends.  She's outgoing and loving, she is truly my little social butterfly.

After her friend's birthday it was time to head to the Martin's for Bennie Ninja's party. He turned three, which I still can't believe.  We had a great time at his party, playing with toys, more cake, and just chatting with friends.

Since we already spent half our day partying, we didn't want to head home.  Instead we went to our neighborhood's Easter Egg hunt.  The hunt was so-so, but we got a picture with Mr Bunny himself, which is the main reason I wanted to attend.  Olivia had fun, and Clara loved the eggs, until she had to give them back ;) Next year I'll have to remember to bring some eggs from home so she can hold them as long as she wants.

We came home, put Clara to bed, and watched the beginning of the Scooby Doo movie.  Olivia is obsessed with Scooby Doo, everyday we have to pretend we're alternately Velma, Daphne, Freddie, the ghost, and Shaggy.  But never Scooby, that's always her role to play!











No comments:

Post a Comment