Thursday, February 3, 2011

No spend EPIC FAIL!!!
















Starting with some before pictures of my freezer, pantry, and cereal ;) I have a weakness for cereal! Also, the $2.50 box of wipes that I paid for in January but arrived in Feb.



So last night I'm sitting on the floor playing memory go fish with Olivia. We had just eaten our dinner of bratwurst, potatoes, and brussel sprouts. I was feeling pretty good since I had finally used a bag of brussel sprouts before they went bad, and we all enjoyed them. Well, Olivia's enjoyment included some gagging and coughing, but she did say she'd eat another one the next time I make them.

The door bell rings and I think, "who trudged through the blizzard like conditions and unshoveled walkways to ring my door bell at 7:30 at night? I answered the door, and it hit me. The girl scouts!!!! Now, I usually love the girl scouts, but not last night. When the girl scouts rang my bell in January I thought, "what a great cause!" So I bought cookies from not one, but two scouts. The only thing that stopped me from going for 3 was that a third didn't ring the bell. I wasn't thinking about my challenge when I ordered, or the fact that I would have to pay for teh cookies in February. So I have to fess up, I wrote a check to the scout, since I don't think they have a payroll loan merit badge, and I'll be writing another check when I see Barb and Sarah next. The good news is, I still didn't go looking to spend money, and although I was forcibly pushed off the wagon by a little girl in knee socks, I am jumping right back on, and I'm not letting this derail my month.

The good news for my family is that they'll have GS cookies for Valentine's Day along with my not so crafty crafts. Of course I hope they like both equally as much!

***And tonight's dinner was soup & grilled cheese in case anyone's following that***

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I don't think it counts if you ordered the cookies in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed with the idea on no spend february that I decided to try it. Being trapped at home helped. But, today, I escaped the kids. I discovered the Hallmark store on 23 is going out of business so I stocked up. I need help justifying my spending spree. Any sage advice??

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had soup and grilled cheese for dinner too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barb-if God gives you freakish snow so that you are stuck with little people who you love dearly but **NEED MOMMY TIME ALONE JUST TO PEE D*MN IT** then he will forgive you doing just about anything to get out of the house, and I will too ;) Good news, no snow forecast intil 2012. No, that's a lie, but one that makes me feel so good.

    ReplyDelete