Wednesday, February 2, 2011







Just a cute pic of Miss Olivia for you to enjoy!














The no spend challenge is off to a great start! Helped by an impending blizzard and frigid temperatures, I didn’t even want to go out shopping anywhere today, lol  I was also eased in by fact that items I bought before the month started showed up at my house today. Case in point, my $2.50 shipped box of 720 wipes. I’ll have to add a pic later, but that’s a lot of wipes, a much bigger box then I was expecting.
For dinner last night I wanted to use up some extra fried chicken from the weekend. I don’t normally eat fried chicken; usually I buy it once a year to remind myself why I only buy it once a year. We had trivia, and I planned to bring pizza and chicken. My wonderful, fabulous, amazing husband went to the grocery store with both girls all by himself, since I had some other errands I had to do at the same time. I asked him to grab the pizza and chicken. Apparently, they don’t have cooked pizza at the store he went to, so he doubled up the chicken. 2 16count buckets of chicken. That’s a lot of chicken, anyway you look at it. Add to that the fact that 2 people on our trivia team had just come from Essenhaus, two were trying to eat healthy, one hates chicken on a bone, and yep, we came home with almost all the chicken.
For a few days we ate it for lunch, but I think we were all getting sick of that, so I sat down and goggled “recipes for left over fried chicken.” Apparently, this is an issue many people have faced, as I had a multitude of sites to choose from. One site suggested making chicken tacos, and that’s what we did. I included some pictures of the process and the finished result. Except for some tragedy with a can of supposed mild chili peppers, everything turned out pretty yummy, and I all the items I used came from our pantry.


Still to come....pictures of my pantry and freezer. These are the before shots, we'll check out how they look at the end of the challange!

No comments:

Post a Comment