Saturday, February 5, 2011

Frugal, Free, Fun!!!







What a fun day we had today. Keeping with the no spend challenge, I made sure everything we did fit within my budget (ie-free).



First, I drug myself out of bed at 8 am (yes, but it's Saturday, my sleep in day!) and got ready for public consumption. Olivia and I headed out of the house and went to Home Depot to make a special Valentine's surprise for Daddy. They have these great kid's workshops on certain Saturdays, and you get the kit and everything for free. You can then spend money to buy paint and paint it, or you can go with the natural look. Today's craft was a heart shelf. It turned out really cute, and afterwards Olivia said she'd like Daddy to have it every other Valentine's Day, but otherwise it would be for Bitty Baby. I guess it's a joint custody agreement.



We headed home and picked up Mike and Clara to go to the next meetup, which was at Coldstone. Now, when I first starting thinking about this meetup, I figured I'd have to skip it. Either that or wash the floors in exchange for some ice cream, and come on, have you seen the floors in ice cream places? But then I was hit with my *brillant idea*. Yes, it deserves stars. Opening my wallet I found my Coldstone punch card, which was full of punches. I read the card twice to be sure, and yes, I did not have to spend any money and could get a free love it creation. Joy! A love it was perfect for all four of us. We had a great time just hanging out with some strollerfriends and chowing down.
Olivia and I then spent the rest of the day working on some snacks for the superbowl. We're making our own football cake (remember people, I am NOT CRAFTY, so please keep this in mind when you see the finished product). We drew out a design, picked colors, got our decorating tips ready, and baked the cake. Normally, I'd buy something at the store and open the box. Having to be creative actually allowed me to spend some nice quality time with my daughter. Not to be sappy but I loved it, and am excited to have the chance to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment