Sunday, March 23, 2014

February 25th

Here I am, home and comfy in my pjs. I mean, I GOT UP to send Olivia to school and then crashed right back in bed. When I woke up I started unpacking (unpacking is my nemesis, I am perpetually in a state of unpacking until Mike finally cries uncle and finishes for me), did a little resale work, and basically channel surfed. I figured I'd throw on some clothes around 4:30 and pick up Clara, come home, and change right back into pjs.

Olivia got home at 2:50 and I fed her and starting talking to her about her day. And that's when I remembered.....DANCE CLASS!!! See, I live and die by my paper planner. I just never got onboard with this whole "virtual planner." I need to see dates and events laid out on paper. There's just something about it that a mini computer could never replace. But the one weakness in this chain? I have to actually look at my planner. And yeah, I didn't actually do that today.

In my defense, dance class is usually a Monday afternoon thing. The dance teacher had changed it for this week, and that hadn't registered in my foggy, vacation hung over brain. I immediately panicked, and realized there was no way (now that it was 3:08, we would make the 3:15 class). I told Olivia I would email her teacher and let her know what happened. And when I went into the email I saw the reminder that dance was Tuesday, but at FOUR pm. Woot woot!!! We had time to get ready, and I was actually half way presentable.

I am now officially making a petition that mom's get one day to reacclimate when we come home from traveling. Moms cram a lot of fun into "our" time, and you can't go from 60 to 0 overnight. Feel free to sign my petition at www.momsneedabreak.com

No comments:

Post a Comment