Saturday, March 22, 2014

365 Days 50-54 Part 4

So Saturday was kind of chill. We knew we needed to be in bed earlier, so no partying for us! Susie, Julie and I headed to Magic Kingdom early to hit some rides and enjoy. We went on my very favorite, would ride 100 times, never gets old Pirates of the Caribbean. Did I mention I love that ride?

While we were in the area I got a Dole Whip. Now for those who are not familiar with the concoction that is the Dole Whip, let me explain. Every time I read a message board about traveling to Disney, people mentioned these amazing drinks, called the Dole Whip. All I knew is that they were pineapple, only served in Magic Kingdom and one other place (a resort somewhere), and were like a tiny taste of heaven on earth. I had never been able to enjoy one on previous trips, and it was a must do on this one. Well I got one, kinda. Sadly I didn't realize the intricacies involved in ordering a Dole Whip. See, the whip part is just the ice cream, but the real magic happens when you get it over crushed pineapple. I found this out as I was eating my good but not quite nirvana pineapple flavored ice cream. Eh, you live, you learn. Gives me something to aspire to.
 
 
What I got
 
 
What I'm getting next time!
 
(thanks for the photos disneyfoodblogs & eatpicks.com, since I didn't pause to photograph mine)
 

After finishing up in Adventure Land (I think it's called?) we headed over to the Haunted Mansion. While waiting in line there was a torrential, and I mean torrential, downpour. We were lucky enough to be under the awning so we didn't get wet at all. A Disney cast member kept asking us to squeeze forward so that the people standing in the rain could get out of it. He kinda looked creepy, so we decided he was creepy boyfriend number 3. (Douglas from Goofy's was #2, forgot to mention that one!). Here we are.
 

He's good at the creepy thing, I think he's had practice.

We went on a few other rides, including some I've never done like the people movers and the Carosel of Progress. I guess maybe those don't qualify as rides, not sure, but they were fun and we got to sit down!

We headed back early to our hotel to get some dinner and get ready for the morning. We ate in the resort's food court, pasta and chicken. The pasta was actually decent, but the chicken was so dry. I think they flew it in from the Sahara Desert or something. Yuck!

After our delicious dinner it was back to the room where we prepped (you can guess at this point that I packed and unpacked a bag) and we hit the sack at a more reasonable hour, with alarms set to 2:50am. Well that was when mine was set. I had this mental block which told me I could get ready in 10 minutes. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment