Saturday, March 22, 2014

365 Days 50-54 Part 3

So my roomie and I drug ourselves out (I mean leapt with glee, yes, glee) of bed and got ready. We'd laid everything out the night before but it still took me 10 minutes to pack. I am a packer. I have a problem with packing and repacking. I admit my illness.

We headed out to the buses and thought we'd missed our group, as none were in the queue. Turns out they were actually behind us and they came up before we loaded. Then on our way to Epcot-ish area to check bags, load into our corral, and try to be pumped before the sun was up. Actually, in all truth, we were pretty pumped. We had our group all together, we were walking for Holly, and we looked adorbs. Plus Disney keeps things fun with a DJ and reporter and lots of loud music.
 
Here we are pre run
 
 
The starting line
 
Once the 5k started, we walked through the course. Everyone had different abilities, and we all wanted to finish together, so no reason to rush. It was fun taking photos of characters, but I always felt like I was stopping in front of a runner, so lots of blurry photos. Here's a few that turned out.


 
 
 Me looking cheesy with my camera bag accessory ;)
 
 
 
 
The Genie & Jasmine
 
Before the finish line we all stopped and had a group photo taken. Then we linked arms and crossed the finish line chanting HOLLY, HOLLY. I might have had to wipe away some tears people. It was just such a great moment, remembering a friend and realizing without her none of us would be there that day.
 


 
After the race we ate the post race breakfast (let me advise you, not worth the extra money) we headed to Epcot (well through Epcot on our way to Hollywood Studios). Since we hadn't run we weren't stinky, and we were easy to spot with our Bali blue tees on. We rode a boat to to HS, which was pretty awesome as I never even knew that was possible.


 
At least the company was good!!

 
 
After the race we ate the post race breakfast (let me advise you, not worth the extra money) we headed to Epcot (well through Epcot on our way to Hollywood Studios). Since we hadn't run we weren't stinky, and we were easy to spot with our Bali blue tees on. We rode a boat to to HS, which was pretty awesome as I never even knew that was possible.

Had a blast at HS and headed back to the room to clean up and rest. Well, the first we accomplished but Susie and I are talkers, and we are both so interesting, and....well, there wasn't much rest.

 
Me and my roomie! Twinners
 
We had dinner ressies with the group at Raglan Road so we headed over a little early to shop the biggest Disney store in the universe. I also headed to Goofy's Candy Company where a man named Douglas? assured me that no one can "goofy up" candy like him, and there was a handbook but it wasn't followed in other places, and here's a place you can ask them to "goofy it up for you like Douglas," and....it took a long time to get out of there, and that's a chunk of my life I'm not getting back!
 

We headed to Raglan Road for dinner. It's an Irish restaurant and they had awesome musicians and Irish dancers while we ate. It's on the Disney dining plan and it blew away a lot of restaurants that are in Disney, we will be making a return trip next year for our family vacation.

 
The trouble maker's table ;)
 
What can I say, Friday night was just an all around excellent night!

Back at home I was missing the daddy/daughter dance at Olivia's school. Her girl scout troop was putting it on and Mike gamely stepped up to the challenge, helping to set up, bringing cookies, helping Olivia prepare, and being the perfect date. What a great memory for Olivia! Here's a photo of the two of them. Love!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment