Monday, October 4, 2010

October 1-3rd

We had such a busy weekend here at the Evan's house. On Friday I stayed home and worked on the yard. I have such a type A perfectionist attitude that once I got started I couldn't stop. Well, I could have stopped, but I didn't so huh! I was outside about 5 hours, Olivia was with me for about 3 hours and Clara about 1 1/2. And for the record, I do take care of my children, they were napping part of the time. Well, Clara naps and Olivia runs around her room creating chaos and havoc, and calls it "rest" time, but all mommies know that we're the ones who need the rest!

I finally cut out some nasty bushes I've hated since we moved in. I can never remember what they're called, besides, those ugly bushes, but Mike knows, I'll post the name later. Anyways, they were growing all sideways and crazy, and I'm sure the neighbors across the street with the perfect yard just hated them. So I hacked them down with a handsaw and some loppers. Olivia helped but the pieces in a pile, all the while telling the bushes, "you have to go so you don't poke Clara," and "don't try to get away from me I'm the police!" Yes, the mind of a four year old is an interesting thing :)

Mike got home and I couldn't wait for him to be all, "hey, where are those ugly, ugly bushes? You know, the ones you've wanted to get rid of for a year?" But he didn't even notice they were gone. Probably too much glare from the shinyness of the rest of the yard and my hard work. Right? Right? Right.......

No comments:

Post a Comment