Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fun news in our house, we may be getting a new (old) car! We've finally decided it's about time to replace the Saturn. Well, Mike decided that a long time ago. Here's how the conversation usually goes....

Mike "I've graduated college and am earning a decent income, I think it's time to get a new car. I'd like to buy a Ferrari."

Me-"Wait, doesn't the Saturn still run? And I was thinking more along the lines of a nice used Yugo."

Mike (shaking his head)- "Really, the interior of the Saturn roof is coming down, the transmission needs replaced, and the coolness factor is zero."

Me "You finally got the circus tent effect in your interior, and now you want to get rid of it? Crazy!" Insert deflection of choice (buy new house, have another baby, etc). Mike gives up for another year,

Well, it's gotten to the point where I have to agree with him. The Saturn may last a while longer, it may not, but I don't want to be the person getting up at 6 am to take my husband to Elkart for work when his car dies.

So, I'm driving along Adams and I see a car, FSBO. First time by I think, ooooooo.....shiny.

Second time by, I notice it's a Toyota. Good dependable brand, those Toyotas. I mention the car to Mike, but his excitement level is definetly lower then I'd hoped. Yes, he's not a used car lover, and I think he hoped for something with a more style, but he does humor me.

Third time, I stop and get out to look at the car. It's an 09 Camry, with all the bells and whistles (heck, I want this car!) and the price is decent. I call Mike and tell him about it, and he decides to give it a chance. Excitement level, rising :)

We look at the car, looks great. Now we have an appointment to test drive/have the mechanic once over on Saturday. If everyone can agree to terms it looks like it's time to put the Saturn out to pasture. Of course there's probably some teenager out there in need of a circus tent interior.....

No comments:

Post a Comment