Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Aches & Pains May 27th, 2014

I am in pain. So, so much pain. I haven't said much about it on here, but I am taking a medication temporarily that causes muscle and joint pain. If I exercise, I make it worse. But I am stubborn. I refuse to let these transient pains stop me from being the athlete I want to be.

Today I went for a training run with my friend Maggi. We ran more than 6 miles, and I think we both felt great doing it. But now I'm paying for it. As I sit here I am fine, but every movement has me hunched over like an old lady, trying to loosen my joints to the point of tolerability. It's Tuesday, and I put on my workout clothes to hit the gym with Mike, but he saw through my brave front and said we were skipping class. Somehow, after 12 years of marriage, and when I finally figure out he CAN'T read my mind, he suddenly has the uncanny knack of seeing into my head. We went to the Kroc Center instead and signed up for the summer. I can't be in the sun much this year, but the Kroc pool area is inside, so the kids can swim to their heart's content. And I'll be on the side, stretching out my achy joints.

No comments:

Post a Comment