Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clara Days 4 through 8

This post is for all the people who saw my children Sunday morning and thought maybe we had become homeless. Or brushless. Or robbed of all hair bows....

Sunday was race day, and daddy dressed the girls. He is pretty competent in that area, and I don't always pick out clothes for him in advance, but this day I did. Two very cute coordinating but not matching outfits. Ah, the photo ops! I carefully ironed the outfits and laid them out for Mike the night before the race. 

I left early the next morning as everyone was eating breakfast, and I was surprised to find my girls in what looked like pajamas at the finish line when I finished the race. Upon closer inspection, they were wearing their "workout clothes" apparently in solidarity to mommy running (cute!) Also in solidarity, they apparently decided to forgo brushing their hair, and also affixing it with any type of barrette or hair tie. Maybe they figured their ragamuffin looks would distract from my sweaty, smelly self after the run? Well played, girls, well played. Of course Sunday was the day I ran into EVERYONE. Oh, you know the type of day. Where you have on no makeup, an old t-shirt that you kid spit up all over, and you haven't showered in 2 days? Then you run into the grocery store to buy some emergency supplies (chocolate, wine, and diapers) and you see your old college classmates, who you haven't seen in 5 years, and they are dressed zippily in business casual with a perfect figure and even more perfect hair? Not that that has ever happened to me, of course not, but I'm just saying...

So, if you haven't seen my kids in 6 months, and you're wondering if we're trying the hands off natural parenting approach, these photos will lay your mind at ease. Here is Clara Couture days 4-8. And for reference, it was 90 Monday, and it's going to be 60 tomorrow. So yeah, Clara Couture will be taking a few days off until summer decides to grace us with it's presence again.

Day 4
Here's a reuse of one of our Disney t shirts. Got this beauty on Amazon for something like $6. Paired with some Matilda Jane ruffles we bought last summer.

Day 5

Love, love, love this dress (and Clara's face). I bought a dress from Matilda Jane's Platinum site. That's like winning the lottery in and of itself, since you basically have to be on the computer when they upload or within 30 seconds to even have a chance. Got the dreaded phone call that they had oversold the dress I caught, but the silver lining was that they would let me pick ANY platinum dress I wanted to replace it. I don't know if you can tell from this photo, but the bottom tier of this dress has elephants (swoon). This one is going to have to come out of the closet a few times this summer for sure!

Day 6


This little beauty is a resale pick. We had this exact dress for Olivia when she was Clara's age, but I accidentally bleached the whole thing. It was fun finding this one again. 

Day 7


Another old Gymboree piece. Also got this at a resale. We had lots of this line for Olivia, but not this particular dress. It's a bright pink with turtles, so cute!

Day 8


Boutique end of season dress. Bought this in the fall and stored it. It's Elaine Et Lana and I love the color, the ruffles, and how stinking soft it is. Clara decided it deserved a little cowgirl stylin', she is truly her own little person!

No comments:

Post a Comment