Sunday, December 11, 2011

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas

Okay, maybe not an actual hippopotamus, but what I do want feels almost as impossible to obtain. All I want for Christmas is a healthy family. No, we don't have any chronic or serious illnesses, and for that, I am extremely grateful. We have however, seemed to pick up a knack for finding any illness in a 10 foot vicinity, and since we love each other so much, we do a great job spreading it around too! Over the past 6-7 weeks, we have had 4 fully healthy family members for no more than 3 days in a row. The latest bouts this week were pink eye (me), fever (Olivia & me), and sore tummies (Olivia & Clara). Since we've been so unlucky lately, I thought I would post our Christmas wish list. Just in case some of you are thinking about how to make our holidays a little brighter, here are our Christmas top 8.


8. Masks
No, we're not going all MJ on you. Masks are great at keeping germs in. And since (see above) my family likes to spread their germs, masks might cut down on that problem. Of course, we'd have to convince a 21 month old to keep a mask on her face. How hard could that be. Right?

7. Bleach wipes
Yep, self explanatory. Just used a couple hundred or so of these puppies in the past two months. Nothing says I love you like a case of bleach wipes.

6.  Hand Sanitizer
Love this stuff! And now I have Clara addicted to it too. Her sanitizer is in a pink jelly roll. And hey, since you're all such great friends, let me go ahead and give YOU a Purell jelly roll instead. Just leave a comment on this post, and we'll pick one of you to win this great green jelly roll. Perfect to take with you anywhere (if we ever left our house, I'd confirm that!)

5. Vitamin D Spray
I heard from a friend this can help prevent illness. One squirt under the tongue once a day. So now I just need   a gallon size container and we'll be good to go.

4. Non Latex Gloves
We're not allergic to latex, but I'm trying to be considerate of any guests I might have! Let me just say, thank the Lord for my husband. I know I'm a nurse, but I went into community health for a reason. I love educating and counseling, and I hate any bodily fluids. Yes, I CAN deal with them, but usually my first response is to run away while calling Mike's name loudly. And he always comes to my rescue. Love you boo!

3. Computer antivirus or Andrew Martin living in my basement
Yes, sadly, even my computer is not immune to the illness parade. For the first time ever, my computer got a virus not stopped by our antivirus software. I lost a fabulous blog post (and you'll have to just take my word for it, since it's GONE). I think because of the failure of our antivirus, I'd rather have Andrew Martin in our basement to fix the problems, so let's just change that wish to the second part.

2. A subscription to the "disease of the month" club
Great way to spice up our illness offerings. How many times can I tell people Olivia has a fever before it starts to get boring? But if I said she had Leishmaniasis, you might take a second to google it and send a get well card!

1. A bubble
Really, if you get me this gift, you can cross off all the others above. How great would it be to live in a bubble? It needs to be roomy enough for 4, climate control would be lovely, and how about a clear pinkish tint? The girls will love it, and the germs will be a thing of the past.


p.s.- I started this blog posting, and had to take a break between last night and today to take care of the ol' family. This morning at breakfast, Olivia tells me there's a delivery at the door, but no package. Look what I found outside my front door.......

It's official, Jody is a mind reader and a great friend. Watch out people, it's true!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Jody, that is so sweet of you! I hope you guys are better soon, Ashley! That is brutal

    ReplyDelete